Yes, the Chiefs season is over. But they can accomplish a lot today with a win, I mean WHEN they WIN.
1) Tebow-mania will come to an end, THANK GOD (irony?).
Not only will this make Chiefs fans happy, but also the Tebow haters nationwide. ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith on “First Take” all but begged the Chiefs to win so Tebow-Mania will go away.
Washington Times: Is Tim Tebow Satan?
2) The Chiefs will ruin the Broncos season in Denver on the last week of the season for the second time in three years.
Remember this one when Jamaal Charles ran for 1,000 or so yards at Denver on Jan. 3, 2010 (ok, it was a franchise-record 259 yards) in a 44-24 blowout of the Broncos, who started the year 6-0 and missed the playoff thanks to the 4-12 Chiefs.
See the video: Charles runs wild
In that game, Derrick Johnson also had two interception returns for TD’s.
3) Just ruining the Broncos season will be joyous, even if that means the Raiders make the playoffs, so be it.
4) A seventh win means the Chiefs go over the 6.5 projection and I win $50 from a friend. Yes, I’m talking to you Justin Rhodes. You won’t really cheer for the Donkey’s will you?
5) Its also a Brian Graham “Lock of the Week” for my gambling friend. I got a reputation to uphold, and a 22-6 record.
6) Oh, and how can we forget Kyle Orton returning to Denver to face the QB that took his spot. You think he has some motivation.
Orton says, “It’s just another game.”
My ass, it is.
ESPN: Plenty At Stake In Tebow-Orton Bowl
USA Today: Three-And-Out: Orton Get’s Chance To Spoil Denver’s Season
Chicago Tribune: Tebow Face-Off Highlights Critical Chiefs-Broncos Tilt
How epic would this game be had the Chiefs put away the Raiders last week? A lot of what-if’s for this team this year.
Chiefs will beat the Donkeys, a Brian Graham guarantee.
There are more Game Day links after the jump
KCChiefs.com: Chiefs vs. Broncos – Game 16
Arrowhead Pride: 5 Keys to a Chiefs win at Denver
ESPN: Final Word: AFC West
KC Star: Chiefs-Broncos Scouting Report
Sporting News: Pre-Snap Read: Kansas City Chiefs At Denver Broncos
Arrowhead Pride: Chiefs reportedly hope to bring Orton back next year
KC Star: Inability To Score In Red Zone Still Flummoxes Chiefs
KC Star: Jones Is Finishing Strong
KC Star: Breaking Down The Chiefs’ Future, Position By Position
Jackie Battle played on IR, McGraw out
In addition, Jon McGraw, the fill-in starter for Eric Berry, is out for the third straight week, meaning we will likely see Tebow connect with Eric Decker or Demetryius Thomas on a long bomb down field with Rashard Langford’s pathetic ass out there.
Arrowhead Pride: McGraw among inactives
Chiefs re-sign Succop, Siller
Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop signed a 5-year, $14.1 million contract extention with the Chiefs Thursday.
KC Star: Kicker Ryan Succop Signs Five-Year Extension With Chiefs
ESPN: Pioli Keeps Another Key Chiefs
Also: ESPN: Chiefs Extend Brandon Siler One Year