The first week of Chiefs training camp has come and gone. Here’s what you need to know so far:
• Still no Dwayne Bowe. Reports are he will likely skip the entire training camp and sign his franchise contract right before the regular season starts.
• All of last season’s torn ACLs are holding up so far. With limited work loads, Jamaal Charles, Tony Moeaki, and Eric Berry have all looked to be back to full speed so far. The question will be how they will perform physically and mentally once the hitting begins.
• Ricky Stanzi is listed 3rd on the most recent depth chart and so far hasn’t done anything to jump Brady Quinn. Unless Stanzi clearly outplays Quinn this pre-season, he’s likely to stay back-up to the back-up.
• Most of Dexter McCluster’s reps have been at receiver and that is exactly the position he is listed under on the depth chart. If it wouldn’t look so bad for Pioli, McCluster might be in jeopardy of getting cut.
• McCluster has also been getting reps returning kicks along with Arenas, Devon Wylie, and Cyrus Gray.
• Word is Dontari Poe looks like a beast. Whether he plays like one is yet to be seen.
• The offensive line looks to be coming together and may become one of the better units in the NFL once all is said and done.