1. QB Trevone Boykin (TCU)
2. Ohio State player of your choice
3. QB Cody Keesler (USC)
4. QB Malik Zaire (Notre Dame)
1. Ohio State
Only a win (or loss) away
· Michigan State
- It must be bowl season…The B1G looks over matched and the SEC is making statement after statement. You could not have asked for a worse start for the B1G. That being said, the conference needs credit for scheduling some big time opponents like Alabama, Stanford, BYU (twice), TCU, Oregon, Miami (FL), Oregon St., Utah, Pitt, Virginia Tech (2), North Carolina, and West Virginia early on this season.
- Fans in burnt orange should be concerned, they played a tough opponent but we extremely overmatched, not what they want to see out of their Horns early in the season. The rest of us love it. Now, they have relieved their offensive coordinator, Shawn Watson, from play calling duties after just one game. Dating back to last season, in his final three games as the OC, Texas failed to gain a first down on 65% of drives and failed to get positive yards on 47% of its plays.
- Has anybody had a rougher debut than Mike Riley at Nebraska?
- Hats off to the Magnum family! Tanner and Magnus both throw game winning TDs, and finish 1-2 in the Sports Center Top Ten for the weekend.
- Two more FCS wins over Power 5 teams, Washington State and Kansas. These two teams are barely ‘Power 5’ quality. Portland State beating Washington State is an upset, but Kansas was a 1.5-point underdog at home to South Dakota State. The Jackrabbits are a much better team and program at this point.
- If Kansas was in the Missouri Valley, would they make the FCS Playoffs? Would they even finish in the top half of the league? Keep in mind they are 0-1 in the league this year and 0-2 in the last three years. Kansas has better things to worry about then whether it was the Starship Enterprise or not being shoved into their beaks.
- Ohio State has an embarrassment of riches at just about every position. Imagine having J.T. Barrett come in and perform mop up duty…He is capable of starting at 95% of division 1 programs. And then there’s Braxton Miller…playing WR. He did alright.